INTerested in vr and film production?
Indigenous Perspectives was created to give youth the opportunity to get involved in their community while learning about something they love. Our goal is to raise awareness of Indigenous Culture practices and teachings through this mentorship program.
This program will involve a series of workshops designed to give participants the chance to learn more about film production and put the skills they learn into practice. Participants will work in their teams to develop a VR experience that can be used to teach about Indigenous culture and reconciliation.
What will the workshops look like?
- Pre-Production – VR Filming Experience
- Production Meetings
- Film Shoot
What are the outcomes for you?
- Introduction to VR filming and careers
- Better understanding of the process of filming from preproduction to the final cut
- Connect with other students in your community who are interested in film
- Learn how to create educational content when working with Elders and actors
- 120 volunteer hours
If this program has sparked your interest, please submit your application below.
- Youth between the age of 15 and 30
- From one of the following communities: Moose Cree, Garden River, Rainy River, Pays Plat, Aroland, Caldwell and Thunder Bay
- Interest in filming and production
- Blend of online (Zoom) and in-person (in your community)
Learn more about our cultural library!
This will be the home of VR experiences created through the Indigenous Perspectives program.